Credit Unions have had enormous success in Lloydminster over the years, due in part to the many community members who have served on their Boards. One such is pictured below.
Board of Directors - Lloydminster Credit Union - 1969. Back row l-r: Bob Jack, Llue Hanson, Norman Nielsen, John Hoegel, Jack Whiting. Front l-r: George Baynton, Jr., Ernest Holman, Hardy Salt, Colin Wright
Board of Directors Servus Credit Union 2010
Lloydminster Representatives: Alison Starke, Doug Hastings (vice-chair) and Merv Loewen labelled on photo
Below: The aptly named Farm Hand was brought downtown to help with the construction in 1948 of the building which is currently the Toronto Dominion Bank. Photo courtesy of Keith Wright
Above: The first bank to serve Lloydminster was The Canadian Bank of Commerce (before it merged with the Imperial Bank). It is pictured at its second location (and still the site of the CIBC) late 1920’s.